Some screenshots of how it’s progressing so far…
2) As you drill down the menus on the left, the icon and label animate to the breadcrumb at the top. I might use the now blank space to show more thumbnails. The tabs at the bottom show Photos, Movies and Order. This order category has been a bit tacked on but it does work and allows a selection of photos to be uploaded to photobox.
Full size images use a bit of [Scriptable] magic to use html to launch a popup containing the full size image. Toggle quality switches between bit-rates for movies (I used WMV9 Advanced Profile to create the VC-1 movies) so this button is currently a bit misplaced on the photo page.
3) A large spinning progress cog is used to indicate any progress like buffering and loading the menus (I’ll probably regret this at some point but it’s an iterative process).
I wrote a Windows Service to poll for new orders and since this is a lightweight site I’ve used a remoting singleton to report on the current state of the upload so that feedback can be given to the user. This singleton is then exposed by a web-service, which is in turn polled by the Silverlight app.